cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was an error downloading your file

There was an error downloading your file

TRabb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey there. Never experienced this issue before, but can't seem to download individual files within folders and get that error message. Can download the folder containing the files though.

35 Replies 35

jigi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What a terrible customer service... just questions again and again and no solution... I am sure there are a great number of people who have this exactly same problem around the world using Dropbox (This question is everywhere and there's no clear solution anywhere). And the problem still keeps existing. You really should make a standard manual for dealing with this.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@jigi), while the issue reported on this discussion back in October has now been resolved for the ones affected (& they have been notified via our Official Support channel by the specialized team that investigated the discrepancy), I’m wondering what this looks like on your end. Is it similar to what the OP on this conversation described? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested on the first page of this thread incidentally? 

Any detail you could include on this discussion would be very helpful & rest assured that I’m here to help you on that as much as possible; I understand that being unable to perform an action isn’t ideal however I’m here to work towards a viable solution! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

TRabb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Totally agree with Jane. While the issue did take some time to resolve, the customer service and technical support teams did work on it until there was a resolution. Compared to similar organizations, I was very impressed with their dedication and communication throughout the process.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I appreciate your feedback (@TRabb); have a grand rest of your day! :slight_smile:

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

fadyzkria
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i am having the same error. have you found a solution?dropbox download error.JPG

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@fadyzkria), thanks for the screenshot, it has been really helpful! Kindly bear in mind that you should be able to download files &/or folders from our website as long as the content is less than 20 GB in total size. In other words, you’re currently unable to download the file you need because it’s ~87 GBs. A viable alternative to get going with the download would be syncing the file in question to your desktop using the Dropbox client instead. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know here if you have any additional questions or thoughts & it’ll be a pleasure to further clarify! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

yelgarhy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have the same problem tried all steps previously requested on this post and it seems a problem with all files on my folder can you please send me an email to share a link

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @yelgarhy, thanks for checking in with us! As I’d like to expedite matters for you, I’ve located your latest open request on our system & I’ve already sent you a brief message back. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email if you’d like to work on that with me & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you soon. I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

incoherent
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Like the OP, I'm having persistent issues downloading a file. I can download the folder it's in, but not any of the files within that folder. Or in any folder. I've cleared the cache. No dice. Please help!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @incoherent,

Can you let me know a bit more info about the issue that you're having? For example, are you receiving the same error message when trying to download the file? 

Also, can you let me know if you also tried using a different web browser as well as an incognito/private window?

Finally, can you just ensure that you don't have any pending browser updates as Dropbox works best on the 2 most recent versions of most modern browsers.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bassplr19xx Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    stinkgrenadestudios New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?