cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing dates when uploading media (photos & videos) in Dropbox app

Viewing dates when uploading media (photos & videos) in Dropbox app

GZ5
Helpful | Level 6

Hey, 

So up until today, when I uploaded files such as photos and videos through the Dropbox App on i-phone, the app sorted the files with a date title.

Something happened and the date titles disappear (so when I choose what photos to upload I do not know when they were taken).  

I want to have the option to choose what photos to upload by date. 

OR

Is there a way to automatically name the files with the dates they were taken?

30 Replies 30

AgentOrange
Helpful | Level 7
@Megan

I’ve been reading TONS of threads about people having this EXACT problem. Clearly they aren’t all going to know I have requested this feature to PHYSICALLY go vote for it. But it’s proof that it is a SERIOUS issue that needs to be addressed and fixed. It clearly has enough people who have posted about it without being resolved. Some may have even stopped using this app because of it. I think that should speak volumes about how many people WOULD vote for the feature if they knew it was there to be voted on, had the time, or cared anymore about those of us still trying to hold onto the hope that we won’t have to switch to another app that DOES include this very necessary functionality.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AgentOrange Helpful | Level 7
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    neongreen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?