cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Viewing the Entire Queue

Viewing the Entire Queue

rnbwpnt
Helpful | Level 6

I'm doing a very large upload, and it's been running for a week or so now. I've seen by digging through other posts that the upload is proceeded in order of file size, smallest to largest. Fine.

However, the files are scattered across thousands of folders, and so viewing them in the desktop app is problematic and doesn't provide any meaningful data.

Is there a way to view the entire queue, in present order, simply with an eye to keeping track of what's going on and where the queue is?

8 Replies 8

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hi @rnbwpnt, happy Monday!

You can check the current sync queue with the following steps:
  1. Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray.
  2. Click the upward arrow just above the bottom of the window, where it shows "Syncing xx files".
From there you can even prioritize the sync of certain files, if you need to access them locally as soon as possible.

Let me know if that would do the trick for you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rnbwpnt
Helpful | Level 6

No. With over 2000 files to go (on a 200,000+ file dump, I've been waiting for a week), that only shows the next few dozen files. I want to see the entire queue.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
I see, thanks for clarifying @rnbwpnt.

Since this isn't currently possible at the moment, if you'd like to, you can share this as a feature request in our dedicated area of the Community here.

Sorry that I can't be of much further help with this, but please do let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LFPuntel
Helpful | Level 5

My dropbox (162.3.5368) does not show that upward arrow. When i click "XXX files syncing" it only shows me the "Pause" option... 

Where can I see the whole sync queue? Any file I can watch?

LFPuntel
Helpful | Level 5

For users dealing with large amount of files, it would be great to have access to the whole sync queue, including path, name and size. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LFPuntel, welcome to our Community! 

You can see your app's syncing status, by following these steps. Also, if you click the Dropbox icon, the pop-up window should let you know more in regards to the files syncing there.

I hope this clarifies. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LFPuntel
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Megan. Thanks, but this is not what i questioned. 

Those steps wont take me anywhere where I can see the whole Sync Queue. 

Thanks anyway.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LFPuntel, and sorry for jumping in. 

If you click on the small Dropbox icon and check the top part of the window that will appear, do you see a tab under the name “Sync history” perhaps? Are you able to see more details, when clicking on it?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?