cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my links become downloadable if I downgrade?

Will my links become downloadable if I downgrade?

GG257
New member | Level 2

Hey community! 

I realized nobody has asked this here. I currently have my shared links with the setting where they can't be downloaded. I'm currently a Pro user. If I downgrade to plus, will my shared links still have the configuration of not being able to be downloaded?

Someone please help, thanks!

4 Replies 4

GG257
New member | Level 2

I realized nobody has asked this here. I currently have my shared links with the setting where they can't be downloaded. I'm currently a Pro user. If I downgrade to plus, will my shared links still have the configuration of not being able to be downloaded?

Someone please help, thanks!

elizabethsawan
New member | Level 2

we both are experiencing the similar issue which devs need to take look, because I randomly sort a link and it's automatically become a downloadable.

GG257
New member | Level 2

Hi, this is not the same issue I have. My links are fine for now but I'm wondering if when I downgrade from PRO to PLUS, will my links be switched to downloadable even after I've disabled downloads for each and every one of them.

I'm well aware I won't be able to disable downloads going forward, but what about the ones that I've already disabled downloads for when I paid for PRO? Will they be reversed to downloadable if I downgrade to PLUS?

Anyone? Please?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @GG257, how are you doing today?

Yes, you're correct. The feature goes away for the existing links you've applied it to, once you downgrade to the Basic plan. 

I hope this helps! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    GG257 New member | Level 2
    elizabethsawan New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?