cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my Dropbox files now appear blurry. They were fine before. Any ideas?

blurry pdf viewed from browser

Sitaifun
Helpful | Level 5

I've had a pdf file stored on dropbox for years; it was perfectly clear, but now when viewed in the browser it is blurry, so much so that the text is not readable. It is clear when downloaded; the problem only occurs when viewed on dropbox in the browser. I found a similar thread from about 3 years ago (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Some-of-my-pdf-files-appear-blurry-when-I-m-vi...) and it seems that no resolution has been found. Any chance of a way to fix this?

60 Replies 60

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Emma19 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Have you cleared your browser's cache or tried another browser since you first noticed this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

brooksrocco
Helpful | Level 5

I'm actually experiencing this same problem myself—funny that I've stumbled upon this active thread—the affected PDFs of mine are all recently uploaded. My older PDFs uploaded into Dropbox have no blurry issues. This seems to be a recent problem.

Here's an example.

I can also confirm that they look find when downloaded; the blurriness is only when viewed through Dropbox.

eddrop1
Helpful | Level 6

I have been using Dropbox a long time and I have PDFs from 2012 that are blurry.

sdonell
Helpful | Level 6

All of my Dropbox files now appear blurry. They were fine before. Any ideas? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @sdonell, welcome to our Community!

You mentioned that all of your Dropbox content appears blurry, however you didn't clarify the platform you're using to preview the files.

Are you online, on the mobile or desktop app? If I were you, I'd also try to download a file locally, just to see if the resolution and quality remains the same there.

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

epco
Helpful | Level 7

This issue started for our team last week.  All PDF's online now are blurry until you zoom in.  We can download and the quality is fine but that takes time and they used to appear sharp online.  Please fix this ASAP.  We view hundreds of PDF's a day - the blurriness is headache inducing and costing us lots of time.

Thank you. 

sdonell
Helpful | Level 6

I tried another browser that  i never used and I still have the same problem. 

eddrop1
Helpful | Level 6

Dear Mods,

This is clearly a bug several users are experiencing at the same time and cannot be attributed to user error. Will this bug be reported to the development team?

sdonell
Helpful | Level 6

I use Dropbox online. I have downloaded multiple files and they are not blurry. It appears that all of my tens of thousands of documents housed on Dropbox are now blurry. Some of them are now completely unreadable. I have been using this platform for years without any problems or issues. This renders this technology useless to me if I can't get it corrected somehow. 

sdonell
Helpful | Level 6

Update on my saga - I went to online chat. The person was very helpful. He had me submit a snippet of screenshot. He said that Dropbox had "encountered unexpected behavior" after reviewing my screenshot of a blurry document. He said it had to be "escalated". I am hopeful that someone from Dropbox contacts me. I think the more of us that report this situation, the better. 

Need more support?