cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err_connection_refused

err_connection_refused

Nosbags
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Can’t seem to connect to Dropbox at all using multiple different browsers and in private /incognito mode. Keeps saying refuses to connect.
Have added Dropbox.com to trusted sites in settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox program and browsers. Have also made sure no proxy settings are active along with making sure the program is allowed access. NOTHING WORKS!!!
64 Replies 64

Billy015
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

ingeborgdot
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks a bunch.  This solution worked.  It is magic.

AmBen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It works thank you so much <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Zer1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

So, i came here after days of searching the solving of this problem. I had message: 

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Nothing helped (hosts, reinstall, network settings reset, switch off extentions, cleaning cookies, incognito mode etc and etc ) except one thing: 

go to router settings, set there another DNS. What's interesting, popular google DNS did'nt helped, but Cloudflare's worked fine and i finally is able to use dropbox again. Update: later i tried again google's dns (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and it worked at that moment. Advice: after changing dns wait for 1-2 minutes and only then try to access Dropbox.

So two steps:

1) Go to router (if you use it), change DNS settings to  1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (alternate). 

2) Also did the same in the Properties of Network adapter (tcp/ipv4 section). like on the bottom screenshot: 

So in my case it is something with default dns from my Internet provider (dropbox stopped working one day without any changes in the system). Manually changing DNS helped. Maybe it will help you too. Try. You can also try to use another public DNS servers, just google them. Because dropbox can work with some well or don't work. i'm just switching different dns till i get possibility to upload/ download files. (sometimes upload process starts from few tries. But still, it is now working overall)

Drop.png

mmaslov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue. Turned out I set up OpenDNS some time ago, reverted to automatic in the IP v4 settings - now all is fine.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mmaslov New member | Level 2
    Zer1 Explorer | Level 3
    AmBen New member | Level 2
    ingeborgdot New member | Level 2
    Billy015 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?