cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app won't show business folders

iOS app won't show business folders

edsnails
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've just upgraded from free accounts to Dropbox Business.

My team had access to some shared folders and we use a 3rd party iPad app (Documents by Readdle) to sync the folders and display the content.

- We have heavy PDF usage and the way Dropbox app on iOS changes pages on a PDF isn't suitable (scrolling rather than viewing page at a time).

So as I have logged in to Dropbox through the 3rd party App (Documents) I find that it will only show my one personal folder and not display any of the shared business folders.

Photo below is the dropbox app on iOS - personal folder in purple is the only folder that shows through to Documents app once linked. It won't show any of the 4 other business folders.

dropbox appdropbox appk

documents app syncs to dropbox via app login but then comes back and returns only the folders in the first 'personal' folder that I have.documents by readdledocuments by readdle

I've tried several other iOS apps - PDF Expert (also by Readdle), Polaris Office, WPS Office - all have the same sync issues.

The iOS 'Files' app shows all the folders properly - BUT it doesn't display PDFs the way I need them to.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I changed over not realising this would be an issue and I'm going to have HUGE issues if my team can't show PDFs properly to clients tomorrow.

13 Replies 13

_Nadine_
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, this is the workaround I finally found out about this issue: the official IOS documents/files app has access to all Dropbox Business account folders (unlike Spark or PDF Expert, which only have access to the personal folder) after getting connected. So if you want to add an attachment to an email from one of the team folders on dropbox, just go the detour via the files App – the same goes for saving attachments or edited pdfs 🙂

_Nadine_
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, this is the workaround I finally found out about this issue: the official IOS documents/files app has access to all Dropbox Business account folders (unlike Spark or PDF Expert, which only have access to the personal folder) after getting connected. So if you want to add an attachment to an email from one of the team folders on dropbox, just go the detour via the files App – the same goes for saving attachments or edited pdfs 🙂

jandrasko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The problem with this is that while you can access the PDF from the ios app, if you edit it in PDF Expert or Spark, you can't save it back to a Dropbox Business folder, just your personal acocunt.

Has anyone found an app that can acess the Dropbox teams folders yet?

Vitruvius
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Accessing files in DB for biz via the native Files app in iOS worked!  I cannot believe I didn't think of this earlier.  I switched my company's service from G-Drive to DB for Biz and have contacted Readdle about three times in the last few months to pressure them to add the feature to Spark email.  While Readdle's PDF Expert will now access both DB for Business and Personal Accounts simultaneously, Spark will not, which is infuriating when you're trying to run a business on the go.  It will only access your personal dropbox or your DB for Biz/Personal folder.  Attaching DB docs via the Files app in Spark works.  Thank you!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vitruvius New member | Level 2
    jandrasko Explorer | Level 4
    _Nadine_ New member | Level 2
    ms2019 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?