cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"HLS Playlist error at URL" when trying to view a .mov file in Dropbox

"HLS Playlist error at URL" when trying to view a .mov file in Dropbox

Josh T.7
New member | Level 2

When i upload a .mov file into dropbox, i cannot view the movie. Instead it gives me the error message:

"HLS playlist error at URL: (long stream of characters)
Any help would be SO appreciated!

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

How are you trying to view the movie? Is this error coming from another application that you're trying to use to stream the video?

Andrew H.3
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem. Also when I share a video with someone they are only able to 15min worth of it when the video is actually over an hr long. It seems like these two issues just started happening.

David M.202
New member | Level 1

The link sent to the sharing recipient is broken and does not work. It generates the error message she describes.

Andrew H.3
New member | Level 2

Dropbox team can you please address this issue as its affecting my customers as they use my dropbox to access tools, videos and other related information.

Christine K.2
New member | Level 1

Is there a solution to this issue? I'm facing the same problem.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Christine K.2 New member | Level 1
    Andrew H.3 New member | Level 2
    David M.202 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?