cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No edit feature in new Community view

Highlighted

No edit feature in new Community view

Super Collaborator | Level 20

How I can edit a post I already have posted, but after that some imperfections come up? In the new view I can't find such a way. Can you get back the old way using "Edit" option in the ellipsis menu (or something like)? Now this is missing, take a look on the picture:изображение.png

Or, at least, not available for all posts!

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: No edit feature in new Community view

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Здравко 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I've been investigating this issue internally as it was affecting some other users as well, and now it has been resolved for all of those users.

Are you still not seeing the elipsis / edit button on replies, or is it working for you now? Thanks!

Sheena
Community Developer @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Thanks, @Sheena.

I just take a look on and seems solved, on first look. I haven't checked everything yet. If there is something else I will give a signal.

Thanks, again. Have a nice day.

#....

WEB_src="${SOME_VAR}concatenate_to$ANOTER_VAR"

#....
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Здравко wrote:

Thanks, @Sheena.

I just take a look on and seems solved, on first look. I haven't checked everything yet. If there is something else I will give a signal.

Thanks, again. Have a nice day.

Excellent! Do let me know if you run into any more issues 

Sheena

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Hi @Sheena,

Can I ask you something?

I want to capitalize a variable name, which I just put in my previous post. The name "WEB_src" have to be renamed to "WEB_SRC". I can't do this! Probably I'm doing something wrong. 😲 Can you make this editing, without change anything else (neither adding or removing anything else, but capitalization)? 🤔

Thanks.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Здравко wrote:

Hi @Sheena,

Can I ask you something?

I want to capitalize a variable name, which I just put in my previous post. The name "WEB_src" have to be renamed to "WEB_SRC". I can't do this! Probably I'm doing something wrong. 😲 Can you make this editing, without change anything else (neither adding or removing anything else, but capitalization)? 🤔

Thanks.

Hi @Здравко , that's done now, it was tricky as it kept trying to autocorrect it to lowercase.

I wrapped that part in a span with the below CSS style, and that fixed it 

text-transform: uppercase

Sheena

Highlighted

@Sheena wrote:

I wrapped that part in a span with the below CSS style, and that fixed it 

text-transform: uppercase

Is this mean such editing isn't possible? You just change the view, but actual text isn't changed! When I advise somebody to copy/past some command (or similar), for example, could lead to troubles. The text transform isn't solution in such cases!

Could be removed this bug in the forum?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Absolutely @Здравко, I'm investigating it with the dev team, and hopefully it's something we can fix. It's a tricky one so may take a few weeks, but I'll pop back here to let you know as soon as I have an update 👍

Sheena

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?