cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

Styline
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I'm using MacOS Ventura and I can't receive files via AirDrop anymore.

My Downloads folder is inside my Dropbox as I'm using Dropbox Backup, so it is all inside the Cloud Library now. The Spotlight Search is broken and now also I can't receive airdropped files anymore. They are sending but afterwards they are just nowhere to be found on the hard-drive. It's quite the mess.

@DropboxTeam: It would be highly appreciated if you can expedite looking into resolving the issues on Ventura!

98 Replies 98

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @tooontime, as to why the issue is occurring now, we couldn't say for sure. I'm glad to hear, however, that @Hannah was able to help assist you on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

UteHa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem and Apple told me, that it's the problem of Dropbox and that the standard folder for downloads from Dropbox is in conflict with the Download folder from Mac. So they couldn't help me and sent me to Dropbox - here I am!

How do I change the standard folder from Dropbox for the download files?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @UteHa, as it sounds like you're using the Dropbox Backup feature, you'll need to disable the Downloads folder from the backup itself via the Dropbox desktop application.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

UteHa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

first thanks for getting back to me.

Can you please let me know, how I disable the backup function for Dropbox on my Mac?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You'll need to access the preferences in the desktop app, click the Backup tab, and then Manage Backup. From there you can remove the Downloads folder from the backup.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

UteHa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

I deaktivated the backup function for downloads and now I can receive documents via airdrop again. Thanks for your help!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear that it helped out!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

kdigiovanna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

June 2023—I've been having issues with this, too. Almost 6mo after the orginal post. I am on Venture 13.4.1 on 2017 MacBook Pro.

fpontieri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a timeframe for the fix rather than not using an functionality? It's pretty annoying and it has been over 6 months from the original post. 

drummer_yunchung
New member | Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. 

I just updated my macOS to Ventura 13.4.1 , and then (by dropbox suggestion) updated my dropbox to v177.4.5399. Then this problem transpired. 

I perused all the 9 pages of this thread and tried the several of the suggestions. The problem is that when I open dropbox > preference > backups tab > manage my backup, I see all three folders (desktop, documents, downloads) NOT CHECKED, while it's obviously been moved under Dropbox since when I open my finder, these three folders are under dropbox already. 

I've been paying for dropbox for years and syncing has not been a problem. I sincerely hope that someone can help me with this because I really need the AIRDROP function working on my mac. 

Need more support?