cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

thecodingart
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

They're joking regarding that this actually "needs" support for consideration right ‽ 

smidew
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

All four of our family members use paid DropBox accounts and we are rapidly each replacing our multiple devices with new Apple Hardware with M1 and M1 Max chips.

We will be forced to move to a different Cloud provider if native support isn't coming soon.

LowSalt008
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Absolutely needs to be Apple Silicon native. We will find a  solution if DB doesn’t fix this.

bjs256
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am a long-time Dropbox user and rely on it for nearly everything. It's simple, fast, and reliable--much more so than Google Drive and OneDrive. I'm stunned that there is any question about updating the software to support Apple's new chips given that they are retiring the Intel models. 

jslaterTO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please do this. The Mac app has gone so far downhill in recent years, but the least you could do is add support for current and all future Macs. 

Tony D.29
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Shame on Dropbox for not having this done already. 

Ravero
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Are you dumb or what? Is it real that we had to have a freaking ticket for this and that people should beg you to do what’s your obligation as a business? You gotta be kidding, this is hideous!

Ghgfthfduy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My entire office is getting M1 MacBook Pros. Are you telling me we will have to stop using Dropbox?? It costs a fortune! How do you not have support for M1s???

NathanDyk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It’s been a year with probably a lot longer development lead time. This is just concerning to hear that this is not a priority and speaks volumes about the product I’m actually paying for. If this is the case, I’ll soon be taking my dollars to Google Drive. They announced M1 support a while ago

wottpal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

finally a reason to save some money and give iCloud a second try. No M1 support, no Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?