cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems on Windows 11

Installation problems on Windows 11

tfalbb
Explorer | Level 3

Windows crashed on me so having to reinstall software. Dropbox appears to have changed since I last did it.

It automatically installed to C:. I have a small C: drive so want it on 😧 with all my other apps.

The support site says that to choose a data folder I need to select the Sync Tab. There is no Sync Tab!

I can find no option to enable me to connect it to my pre-existing data folder on D:.

And to add insult to injury they now only provide support to those who pay, though why anyone in my situation would pay when they can't even get it to work properly is beyond me.

Strongly considering looking into alternatives, but if anyone has any nuggets of wisdom they could throw in my direction to solve these issues, please do. 

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tfalbb, thanks for joining the Dropbox Community.

Sorry to see you're having trouble with this. 

The C drive is indeed the default location for the Dropbox folder, that's why it went there, when you reinstalled it.

Can you try reinstalling and this time, during the installation, choose the "advanced settings" option, to choose the preferred location for your Dropbox folder?

Let me know how it goes or if you have any issues with the process.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tfalbb
Explorer | Level 3

That worked, thanks.

Still don't see why it has to default to C:, nor why the help files on the site are incorrect but hey ho.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tfalbb Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?