cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

vcapwa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

30 pages later, and still no response from DB. The silence is deafening.

Ian D.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The CEO of Dropbox just responded. Go back to your lives, citizens…

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 17.46.26.png

chastucker
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is all a joke right? Surely they are working on it... No way they are that deaf to the requests?

A_R_R_A_K_I_S
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Wow, this thread was not what I was looking for when trying to fix the memory and battery drains of running Dropbox on my M1 laptop 😕

We’ve been using Dropbox since day 1 with half that time on a business plan.

I’m really disappointed to find out this isn’t even started or planned. That’s insane!

Starting to look for other options for our studio as this isn’t acceptable from such a large company. 

dangerwillrobinson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This will likely be the final nail in the coffin for Dropbox use at my company. Many of our machines are M1 now, this is unacceptable. We've already been in transition to Google Drive as it's interface is just easier for users to navigate and understand.

MarcLegru
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox support of M1 is a no-brainer: just do it 🙂

kaleim
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If Dropbox isn’t updated for Apple Silicon by the time my company’s new Macbooks arrive (3-4 weeks), we will be cancelling our Dropbox business account and moving to a competitor.

rzanerutledge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please. This is a no-brainer. Don’t make me leave Dropbox for Google Drive. 

beside
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Another vote for M1 native support. I'd even go as far as to say to stop wasting your resources on paper, docusigns, video commenting and the slew of other apps that aren't finding mass adoption.

Nothing is quite as crucial as making your priority product get with the times.

MUUZ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is positively idiotic.  It seems to me that dropbox has gotten cocky in it's place in the cloud file sharing world.  It's WILDLY tone-def to not upgrade their lacklustre desktop app to the new hardware.  They're a big company, I'm sure they've got a developer that can take the 15 minutes needed to port it over.  This is just willfully ignoring the valuable Mac users.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?