cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray.

Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray.

wowtah
Helpful | Level 6

In my Windows system tray (next to the clock), Dropbox used to show that it was fully synced by showing a green check-mark over the Dropbox icon. This was really helpfull. 

If Dropbox was offline, it would show no overlay icon. 

Recently (and according to Dropbox itsself) this has changed, the Dropbox icon now shows no overlay if it is fully synced, but to me, i constantly think my Dropbox is offline, instead of 'fully synced'.

So the idea is: please bring back the green 'fully synced' checkmark. Or -at least- make it an option to show it. 

Please upvote this idea if you agree :white_check_mark:

334 Replies 334

santiagosony
Helpful | Level 5

+1 INDEED! I dont know who was the genius who removed it!

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10

+1

BugBitten
Helpful | Level 5

Why was this removed in the first place?

I don't understand why these things are changed when they worked.

if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!!!

GilbertX
Explorer | Level 4

For goodness sake drop box - get these Windows 10 issues sorted out - we don't know know what your system is doing now. Get the greener marker back on the next upgrade . You had a great product but you are messing it up - did you recruit from MS - whats going on?

Take your time with the Fusion (not Integration) product. Your "box"  idea is far better than MS Team's "box" so come on show them how to do it. We are behind you - but don't **** the basic product up.

GilbertX

Se5A
New member | Level 2

PLEASE bring back the green status icon.

I'm wondering, is Dropbox part of the Big-Tech now? Does as it wants, and not listen to users ideas/requests?!

Jauwi
New member | Level 2

What an idiot idea to remove the green check mark. Get it back ASAP!!!!!

Vanda
Helpful | Level 6

This is not needed. You see a color if there is a problem. No color if there is not a problem. It's now consistent with the minimalist windows 10 theme. 

Do not change back.

SimonSimon
New member | Level 2

Definitely

One drive does this and it is reassuring to have 

Marita V.
New member | Level 2

Outnumbered discussion clearly wants the green tick back - mee too. In busy life it is an easy glance over to know all is well with connection all well. Else it may look like its well but really connection sucks not reflecting

kevinfreels
Helpful | Level 6

This is the same thing all over. Something becomes trendy, and everyone wants to apply it everywhere even when it doesn't make sense. In this case it's "Clean UI design"..... 

But some things need to be a little more complex and less clean. You don't bury 3 links that you have on a page in a menu to provide more white-space, and you should't take away indicators that allow someone at a glance to know what a file sync is doing and force them to engage in a new task just to get the same information. 

It's a utility! A utility is about usability and function. How can I get more done in fewer clicks with less headache? Striking a good balance between information overload and overclicking. Instead you're foolishly following the pack off a cliff by making users work harder for the same info because you think they want less clutter. 

A good utility isn't about cleanliness. It's about balance. It's about efficiency.

Make it pretty for me and I'll hang it on a wall. Make me more efficient and I'll use it all day long. 

Need more support?