cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open Microsoft Online files from Dropbox online

Can't open Microsoft Online files from Dropbox online

MCCA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Everytime I try to open a doc from Dropbox Online into Microsoft Word Online it just opens to a blank page.

I'm on a Dropbox Team.

I have a Microsoft Office Online account through my university (different email to my Dropbox account).

I've tried Chrome and Firefox.

Most importantly, it works fine using another computer (PC) but not my Macbook Pro.

thanks

12 Replies 12

SCBC treasurer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to work on a Microsoft Access file on Dropbox and have the changes automatically saved back to Dropbox. My only option appears to be to download the file, modify the data then upload it again. Is there a simpler process?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @SCBC treasurer 

It depends, how are you opening the file? If you install Dropbox on your machine it will create a folder structure and you can open and access the files there and it'll auto save to others however you MUST MUST MUST make sure that nobody else has it open or editing it while you do or you'll get conflicted copies (i.e. 2 versions of the file with different data sets in)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SCBC treasurer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, That answers my question. I was accessing the file on Dropbox from the web browser not the app. All good now. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SCBC treasurer New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    imusgbc Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?