cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Backup and Steam Games

Dropbox Backup and Steam Games

Rinconman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi  I have Dropbox for Business Advanced and am the admin.

I previously turned on Backup on my computer and have no issues with it,

I want to turn it on one of my kids computers.  He uses Steam and some of the games have subfolders in the Documents folder.

Wil enabling dropbox backup create an issue for these games when the folders are moved to DB?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Rinconman wrote:

Wil enabling dropbox backup create an issue for these games when the folders are moved to DB?

It depends on whether or not Steam or the game(s) in question is able to follow the new location of the files. You'll either need to ask Steam or the game developer, or just try it and see if it continues to work. if not, you can always move the folder back to its default location.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Rinconman wrote:

It depends on whether or not Steam or the game(s) in question is able to follow the new location of the files. You'll either need to ask Steam or the game developer, or just try it and see if it continues to work. if not, you can always move the folder back to its default location.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?