cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dropbox Won't Open, Sync, Uninstall or Reinstall on Windows 10

Dropbox Won't Open, Sync, Uninstall or Reinstall on Windows 10

Dolphining
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Been running dropbox on my computer without a problem for over a year. Just realized today that it hasn't synced for about the past week. Running on Windows 10. Also running Symantic Enpoint Protection Small Business Edition.

Problem details:

• Do not see the tray icon 
  • Dropbox will not open when I try to run the program
  • Dropbox Update is running in the background
  • Attempted to Reinstall and got "error 2"
  • Attempted to Uninstall and "uninstall failed"
  • Disabled Enpoint Protection and tried again to reinstall and uninstall; no luck
  • Restarted the computer and, again, no luck

I've seen other community messages about error 2 and problems uninstalling, but there are few answers and none of those tips have solved my problem.

Anyone have a similar issue or can help?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

cosmict
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here! Suddenly my Dropbox wont start. Restart didn't help. I tried to reinstall but it also won't uninstall. I tried offline instalation - didn't help. I killed all the processes, run uninstall as admin but still it fails to uninstall.

I have no clue what to do? Tried everything I know and  people here suggested. Running Win10.

Help?!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cosmict Explorer | Level 4
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    KeithMould New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?