cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Endless Upgrade Loop

Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Grokitas
Explorer | Level 3

I've got Dropbox installed on an M1 MacBook. After upgrading to Ventura 13.0 it brings up a notification. If I click on "Get started" and go through all the steps in the process it appears to work, but the notification never goes away, and doesn't have any method to manually remove it. I've tried restarting the Dropbox app, and restarting the whole computer. Neither make the notification go away.

258 Replies 258

mike15gp
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same issue of going through the entire "Dropbox for macos is now ready" process, several times, restarting, doing it again and again and again; restarting and doing it again. I have Dropbox as a login item on my 2021 M1 iMac running the most current version of Ventura. If I hover over the DB icon in my menu bar it says 168.4.4802 is up to date, whereas in Finder/Applications is shows my version as 168.4.4923, which I believe is the current version.  If I quit DB from the menu bar, and then start up from within Finder/Applications, it places the DB icon back up there on my menu bar, but hovering over it still shows 168.4.4802 is up to date. I'm really getting tired of this.

glenncogar
Helpful | Level 6

I'm really sick of this issue too and how long it seems to have been an issue without resolution.  I was interested in your post @mike15gp and so I looked to see which versions I had displayed in the menu bar and in the Applications folder on my Mac, both appear to be 168.4.4802 so I don't seem to have exactly the same symptoms as you

mike15gp
Explorer | Level 4

I must apologize; I misspoke, and it's important to acknowledge that I did. I said that in Finder/Applications, my DB version was 168.4.4923. In fact it was 161.4.4923, which would not seem to be the current version.  Everything I previously said about following the update process is accurate. I still show a badge in DB on my menu bar, wanting me to update.  DB is working fine otherwise.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mike15gp, how are you today?

Can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mike15gp
Explorer | Level 4

Yes. I don't know if you saw my earlier apologetic post today, where I said that the version in Finder/Applications was 161.4.4923 rather than 168.4.4923.  The version that I see when I hover on the DB icon in my menu bar is 168.4.4802.

bobbyg123
Helpful | Level 5

Same exact issue on 3 macs with latest macos.  Two Macbook Pros with M1s and one Mac Studio Ultra.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bobbyg123, how are you today? 

Can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Let me know! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

bobbyg123
Helpful | Level 5

Sure

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bobbyg123, I just sent you an email! 

I'll see you there. Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Rebecca-Nestor
New member | Level 2

Hello all,

I've been having this issue since November, when I got a new MacBook. It would be great to have an email contact from you to resolve it. Many thanks.

Rebecca

Need more support?