cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not working on new Android phone

Dropbox not working on new Android phone

Jugoslav
Helpful | Level 5

Hello, I just switched to second phone after first one didn't support DropBox now another new phone does not opening DropBox app. 
This is what is happened on both phones, after installation of DropBox app, and fill up user and pass app start process of login and than phone start to blinking around 20sec and return to main screen, a put down DropBox app. I received after that email security notification about login which is mean I'm logged in somehow but my phone is not. After that when I try to open DropBox app then screen is just blue for 10sec and again app is turned off. As I can see this is not only my problem, already bunch of people left 1 star review on google store for the same reason. It's sad how we got to the point where such a good app can't even run anymore on android phone, -10 stars for engineering in DropBox team.  

6 Replies 6

Jugoslav
Helpful | Level 5
Since I'm switched to new Android phone, not even last generation, my Drop Box app stop working. Can't login anymore.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jugoslav, welcome to our Community! 

Do you get any specific errors when trying to access the mobile app on your phone? 

Let me know if you're able to log into your account on the web too. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jugoslav
Helpful | Level 5

Mobile app doesn't working that is the issue. 

Rich
Super User II

@Jugoslav wrote:

... can't even run anymore on android phone

Still running just fine on my Samsung Galaxy. What version of Android are you running, and what's the version of your Dropbox app?

Jugoslav
Helpful | Level 5

Still not running on my device. It was running last time 3 weeks ago, on same device, Android 12, Dropbox is last version just downloaded.
It is not problem to running on devices which already have account and started earlier, problem is with new installations, that is what is not compatible any more.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jugoslav, are you currently on a free Dropbox Basic account?

If so, you can only have up to 3 devices connected to it.

Is it possible that you already have 3? If you do, you won't be able to connect a new one. 

You'll need to delete one from the devices section in your account settings, to be able to connect your new phone.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Jugoslav Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?