cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox unexpectedly quit on macos 12.1

Dropbox unexpectedly quit on macos 12.1

maynaus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I reinstall dropbox, restart, disable anti virus and still dropbox crash after 5 seconds with this error.

What else can I do ?

25 Replies 25

rmatdrop
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Megan @Hannah @WalterD 

My issue is still outstanding, and support lacking on all fronts. I asked already multiple times to be put on the phone with a human. 

Emails back and forth days and often weeks apart are bringing me nowhere. You can see the thread on the ticket. 

After several emails and people since my original post here, and after disabling CISCO, I was asked to install dropbox from a link. It failed to install; I sent the screenshot of the error, and I was told that the screenshot was sent to the eng to assess. Days went by, and I had to write again. Instead of having a solution from the eng, I was asked if I was able to install dropbox successfully after that error. 

The last email is the tipping point. The issue of the apps not able to access files unless they are made offline is a year old! Yet, from the last email received Tony thinks is a new issue!!!! 

I even shared *out of desperation* logs from the system at the time of the error and Tony said he had shared them with the ENG. 

Clearly, ENG did not do much with it as the emails that are coming days and weeks apart are just repeating the same things. Missing what was done already and not offering any real solution. Hence, I am starting to wonder if the engineers even exist and if this Tony is a human or rather a very badly trained AI assistant!

I need help! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @rmatdrop, sorry to see you're still having trouble with this.

The thing here is that you're already in contact with the team that specializes in these kinds of issues, so there's not much more we can suggest on our end.

I would definitely advise you to respond to Tony, though, and explain to them what the issue is exactly, so that they can assist you accordingly.

We've passed your feedback along to them as well.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rmatdrop
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Hannah  I need a manager/supervisor phone number. Please share it via my private email. This is not ok and it is certainly not the dropbox service I once knew. I cannot wait for ridiculous emails, I need someone on the phone to discuss the issue, troubleshoot and get it resolved. Thanks 

brewcrew5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having the exact same issue and have gone through all the steps to resolve. My Dropbox hasn't synched since January with no resolution. Did it ever get resolved with you?

rmatdrop
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@brewcrew5 sorry to hear. I did not gain much from their technical support. An endless back-and-forth of emails leading nowhere. But last week I received an email and also a message popped up under the Dropbox icon in the menu bar saying that a new Mac version of Dropbox was rolled out. 

Check this page out

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-support-for-expected-changes

I did a lot of troubleshooting myself as the technical folks did not really help - here is what helped 

1) stopping the crashing of the dropbox library - removed CISCO connect 

2) unable to open linked files found online only in Adobe apps - installed the new Dropbox MAC version 

I am monitoring now and cannot really call it a success - as I am still unable to open my photo library with iphoto

Hope this helps- 

brewcrew5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thank you so much - really appreciate your help. I have CISCO on my machine, too and will remove. In the meantime, I’m backing everything up to my external drive and also copying everything to iCloud. I will likely cancel my Dropbox subscription. I couldn’t get much help from them either.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

brewcrew5 Explorer | Level 3
    rmatdrop Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?