cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I kill this infernal dropbox badge/unloved cousin of Clippy?

How can I disable the Dropbox Badge?

jessicatee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

WHY WHY WHY is there a unkillable drobox badge following me to every program!!!!!!!

12 Replies 12

PeterPan123321
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thats funny because after having done all you suggested, I still get popups. For example when I take a screenshot, I get a badge asking me if I want to upload it into dropbox.

When I installed dropbox, I wanted a file sharing device that takes one(!) specific folder and makes it available to one(!) other person except me. What I got apparently is a little snitch that follows my every move on Windows and babbles in for me to upload it. Why?

PierreL1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I don't want the Dropbox Badge to EVER appear again in any 3rd party applications.  How do I turn this massively annoying new "feature" off forever?  Or is it time to go shopping for a new cloud service that doesn't continually find new ways to annoy and harrass its users?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reaching out @PierreL1!

You can find the steps to disable the Dropbox badge from here.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues with this!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?