cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you get Dropbox back to its default location in the sidebar in Finder on a Mac?

How do you get Dropbox back into Locations in the sidebar in Finder on a Mac?

quangtam159
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Something happened all my sinking icons disappeared... It happened after I decided to change my location for Dropbox to my username folder on a Mac.  So I need your help please as I think it's because I moved Dropbox using the dropbox icon in the clock tray. I went to preferences>sync tab. I chose location as my username folder.

I've been told the default location for dropbox is under locations. Is that correct?

Next I need to have the steps to go into the icon of dropbox on the cloud tray> preferences> sync tab and then choose locations and have you walk me through how to get it back to the Default location which I believe is locations in Finder on the side bar in a Mac.

Also I've been told by Dropbox English chat support that it's "not a problem" that the dropbox icon is grayed out but I lost all syncing icons on my computer.

I was also told that it could be that my Internet speed is not good so that that would because the icons does disappear. However my computer back in Los Angeles where it has very high speed and it's different computer is also no longer showing syncing icons. It's linked to the same dropbox plus account but there's no reason that a separate computer should be losing its syncing icons and it should be able to sync on its own up to the cloud to dropbox account. 

I really need somebody to help me who really knows TECHNICAL SUPPORT because this is not working... 

11 Replies 11

quangtam159
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for the explanation. 

More importantly, the steps to do it.. We will try it and let you know if it  works.

If it does then we will resolve this string... as a fix and if not we will reply again.

The good news is on the laptop deleting out of the dock the Dropbox blue app then quitting using the the clock icon and then double clicking the app in the app window in Finder did the magic trick and after one disappearance it has been working well.  I can see back at the office they are adding files - even 3 minutes ago so that is synching jut no clock icon and still no icons on any folders on the office computer...

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Amazing news @quangtam159!

Take your time, and let me know of the results.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?