cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed Dropbox on a new computer and I do not see all my files? How can I fix this?

I installed Dropbox on a new computer and I do not see all my files? How can I fix this?

robinb9
New member | Level 2

i installed dropbox on my new computer and none of my files in the cloud are coming up onto this machine. i told it to go on my hard drive but nothing is showing up

how do I fix this

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @robinb9, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you! 

Is it possible that your device is still syncing the content, and that's why you can't see them all? Can you check the syncing status of the app on your device, and let me know what it reports?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Robinb91
Explorer | Level 4

No, unfortunately I did not realize I have another account and I’ve been trying to contact Dropbox but your website form is not working. The sales person that I was working with on. told me to pay for the account because it said it was basic. I don’t have basic. I have the pro and I just recently renewed it so I can understand what happened then I realized I have it under a different email account And I’ve been trying to cancel the one that I just made so that I could get a refund but I can’t email your company because your website when you click on submit asking for refund it’s not working the account is under my name and a different email address how can I fix this because I’m going to call the credit card company and  dispute it because there’s no way to contact you if your form is not working. 
Once I logged in to the correct email address and everything works.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Robinb91, I'm glad to see you were able to figure out that you have a second account.

If you have access to the account you upgraded, you should be able to contact our support team through this page.

If you're having trouble submitting a help request or accessing live chat support, let us know.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Robinb91
Explorer | Level 4

The page does not work when you go to hit submit nothing happens. If you give me an email address I can send it out to then I can do it through my email program.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Robinb91, you can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account. 

It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in. Can you give it another go? 

If this doesn't work either, I'd be happy to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Robinb91
Explorer | Level 4

i have been contacted by email, hopefully we will get this all sorted out

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robinb91 Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?