cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I keep getting an Error 500 on the website

I keep getting an Error 500 on the website

jselgrad
Helpful | Level 5

Error 500- Any ideas, if this site wide or just on my end for someone reason, tried restarting my computer, tried sending from app, and nothing is working, 

10 Replies 10

maher1982
Super User

Hi,

I think the 500 error you're experiencing is a server-side issue, which might resolve itself after a short while. Maybe it has already been resolved now
However, as a first step, could you please clear your browser's cache and try accessing the site with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

jselgrad
Helpful | Level 5
I have done both, and still no luck

maher1982
Super User

Can you take a screenshot? Perhaps it will assist others in helping us.

meghangunz
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue, and have been since last night (2/27, since around 9pm CST).

Here's a screenie of what I'm seeing:

error 500.png

jselgrad
Helpful | Level 5

Yes! exactly the same on my end! 

kmorri56
New member | Level 2

I'm getting the same error. Might be the same disruption from last nightScreenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.00.44 AM.png

sromeo1
New member | Level 2

I'm experiencing the same issue and it is still persisting even after clearing the browser's cache and accessing the site via a different browser. It seems the most recent issue logged on the Systems page hasn't been resolved for all users yet.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, if you're still experiencing issues logging in, I'd recommend contacting the support team directly for them to investigate this matter in more detail.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are aware that some users are experiencing 500 errors when attempting to access Dropbox. Our engineering team is investigating, and we will provide an update when we know more.

Regards,

Ben

Need more support?