cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to stop using DropBox

I want to stop using DropBox

DJM54
New member | Level 2

DropBox was recommended by someone I trusted but really didn't know how to use it. I want to stop using it because I have a Basic Plan which is out of space and has stopped synching.  I do not want to upgrade and after reading some of the other entries, I don't know what to do next.  I'm not very tech savvy with things like this and don't want to delete my files by mistake. Furthermore, I have a desktop, laptop and cell phone but I don't know which devices are backing up to DB. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DJM54, welcome to our Community! 

You mentioned that you have a desktop, and a laptop among the devices that might be using Dropbox, so let's start with that. 

In order for you to uninstall our desktop app, you'd need to follow the steps mentioned here. Uninstalling the app, won't delete the Dropbox folder, and the content you have there, unless you choose to delete the folder after the installation. 

One thing to keep in mind is to disable Computer backup, in case this is a feature you use on your end. 

In regards to your mobile, you'd need to check the apps that you have installed there, and remove Dropbox from there. Usually you can do this if you long-press on the app's icon until the app shortcut gives you the option to remove it.

Let me know how this goes!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?