cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPadOS 17.3.1 is not recognize DropBox as unlocked

IPadOS 17.3.1 is not recognize DropBox as unlocked

LSS1952
Explorer | Level 3

Use Pages on iPad running iPadOS 17.3.1. Save files to Drop Box as PDF so they may be uploaded to various sources. Until Tuesday, never had a problem. Now, even though I have turned off the pass code in Drop Box, when selecting it as a Source, error is that drop box is locked. There is now a new icon appearing: which seems to indicate Drop box is locked. 

I have done all the usual, i.e., deleted the APP, Reinstalled the APP, and added it back as a source, restarted the iPad, cleared cache. Nothing works. The only way i can use Drop Box for this is to split screen to drag and drop the file. There are lots of reasons why I prefer not to do this. 

I did contact Apple Support. They feel this issue is on the top Box side. 

NOTE: If I use my iPhone 14 Pro Max running IOS 17.3.1, no problem. It works as it always has. Also, that icon does not appear next to the drop box, source whether or not it is still locked. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @LSS1952,

We've made some changes in a recent update that should fix this. Can you update to the latest version of Dropbox on your iPad and confirm if you're still experiencing this? Thanks so much!

Regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our Community, @LSS1952

Can you send me a screenshot of what you see exactly, so that I can have a visual? 

I’d also like you to clarify the app version of Dropbox that’s running on your iPad. 

Let me know when you’ve got more updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LSS1952
Explorer | Level 3

IMG_0428.jpeg

Version 364.2, download 1 week ago.

Thanks

arc_land
Dropbox Staff

This issue seems related to our file provider.

Could you please try clearing the cache follow the steps in this link to see if it resolves the problem?

Thank you.

LSS1952
Explorer | Level 3

I’m concerned to do that. There is a caution message indicating that all files will be removed and lost if not uploaded. Exactly what does that mean, besides the obvious. 

Also, are saying this will be fixed for ipad in a future update. As long as my iPhone stays as is, I am OK waiting for an update. 

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @LSS1952,

We've made some changes in a recent update that should fix this. Can you update to the latest version of Dropbox on your iPad and confirm if you're still experiencing this? Thanks so much!

Regards,

Ben

LSS1952
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It is not working for me.  iPhone 14 Pro Max is running iOS 17.4.1 and iPad is up to date. No uodate available to Dropbox, even if I try to push one. The only resolve I’ve found when trying to export out of pages or numbers is to import the docs to acrobat and share them from there. I even went  to the Apple Store. That’s all they could come up with. The issue now is Dropbox’s not downloading files from iCloud. No changes to my settings. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LSS1952 Explorer | Level 3
    BenDBX Community Manager
    arc_land Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?