cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve the support process

Improve the support process

CraigJConrad
Helpful | Level 6

I have some suggestions for improving the Dropbox Support process:

1. The Chat window is way too small, requiring lots of scrolling, constantly interrupted as the agent adds something. I can't keep up!
  2. Need to allow one or two trusted screen sharing apps (e.g. AnyDesk or Zoom); I don’t want support installing their app on my system, just as they don’t want me installing one on theirs
  3. Create process to allow a dropped Chat session to get back to the same agent. My chat was unexpectedly closed and I had to start all over again with a new agent, or continue via email (which is VERY long turn-around) with the original one.
  4. The Dropbox Desktop app should have a button that will gather basic trouble-shooting and environmental information to create a text file (or put it into the clipboard) so the agent can get a good foundation with less client burden having to create screen captures just to get started.

Thanks ...

2 Replies 2

CraigJConrad
Helpful | Level 6

I meant to add to this:
5. When a user replies to the support team’s email, there should be an automatic email confirmation that the email was received.  After 24 hours of awaiting a response, I still had no nothing and no way to reach anyone other than “Chat” who only could tell me to “rest assured that you will get a response”.  In a crisis of possible data loss, that isn't much assurance.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CraigJConrad, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate the feedback about the support process you mentioned.

We take all comments in consideration on how to improve the Dropbox service.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    CraigJConrad Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?