cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Install older iOS versions

Install older iOS versions

Thomas C.3
New member | Level 1

I need to update an iPad from iOS 6 and save my files via Dropbox, but the App Store doesn't offer any older versions, so the minimum is iOS 7. How can I get the older app so I can update?

6 Replies 6

Orla
Dropbox Staff

Hi Thomas, unfortunately, Dropbox is only available for devices with iOS 7 installed.

Thomas C.3
New member | Level 1

Thanks, Holly. Apple's app store in fact does have archived older versions if you can make your device ask for them correctly. I figured it out. Thanks anyway.

Aylee W.
New member | Level 1

How do you "ask for them correctly"?

My iPod Touch can only run iOS 6 and I cannot download the older DropBox app.  Please help, Thomas.

Thank you.

Rich
Super User II

I ran into this recently as well. I had to backup, wipe and restore my iPad. iOS 5.1.1 is the latest it will run. Dropbox was already installed on it and working fine, yet during the restore I received the prompt that iOS 7 was required.

I had a working copy of Dropbox on an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1. The version being reinstalled from iTunes after the restore was the SAME version that was on the iPad before it was wiped. It's unacceptable that that same version of Dropbox is not allowed to be reinstalled on the same device and same iOS version that it was working on previously.

Aylee W.
New member | Level 1

I never had a working app before on my iPod Touch.  And again, my iPod Touch can only run up to iOS 6, so I need a way to download and install the Dropbox app compatible with iOS 6.  Since there once was an app compatible with iOS6 and since that app, I assume, still works for folks who have it, why then isn't there a way for me to download and install it?

Mike S.4
New member | Level 1

I've been using Dropbox for IOS7 on my iPhone 4 and wanted to add it to my wife's iPhone 4, but I kept getting the error from the APP loader that I must have IOS8 or greater to install it. I could never get the loader to ask me to upload an older version, so I figured out a work-around.

My iTunes store on my home computer already had the older IOS7 compatible APP loaded, so I plugged her iPhone into my computer, went to the APP listings, selected the pulldown to install just this APP only, and then executed a SYNC request. iTunes copied the older APP over to the iPhone, and installed it correctly.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?