cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Issue

Installation Failed Error Code 1073741795

The TechJedi
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I keep getting the same error over and over again.

I have tried every suggested resolution and nothing has worked. Anyone?

TheTechJedi_0-1639185416440.png

150 Replies 150

jackbau
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

yes I tried both the offline version 150.3.4929 and the standart installer from this link. Also tried to install when I just started the pc.

I still get the same error message 1073741795

Regards

Jack

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear this persists @jackbau 

Can you confirm that you've enabled the 'early releases' through your account's settings online?

If you did that before trying to install the latest beta version of the desktop app, could you try removing any traces of the app completely from the affected computer using the steps outlined here

Once you're done with uninstalling the app, you can try the latest beta version from this page directly. 

Let me know how it goes, Jack. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

humus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Installation finally working on my computer again! v.150.3.4987!

Thanks to the dev and support teams!

What was the issue related to? New writing writes on windows?

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I can now also join the crowd with a happy dance! Stable version 150.4.5000 for Windows desktop did it for me. Thank you DB for the efforts made.

There are still a few odd issues with deleted folders suddenly showing up, but I'm working directly with support to understand what happened.

As @AppoCaly already said, Dropbox, please don't do this again!

Tom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Didn't work, error code persists.

hlussiatti
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I've tried everything it was said in the forum and had no results. Still having the same error.

Any additional help? Thanks!

Idelone
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently running an old Win7 desktop with 4 GB ram and 1 TB drive, which doesn't get used that much these days, but occasionally I fire it up for a particular app. Dropbox has been installed for years without issue but on attempting to log-in it informed me that the current version was out of date.

I have successfully downloaded versions 150.3.4929, 155.4.5495, 157.4.4801 and 158.4.4564 but can only install v.150.3.4929. Attempting to install the other versions produces an error code 1073741795, which gave an unhelpful link. On searching through the community pages it does appear that this has been an ongoing problem for some time but doesn't appear to have been fully resolved, as far as I can gather. Is there anyone at Dropbox who might be able to shed some light on this rather vexing problem ? I have tried all the suggested remedies to no avail, so I am now wondering if it might be an issue with Win7 as it is not mentioned in the DB Windows drop-down list of operating systems.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Ian

hlussiatti
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hollo, I've tried this soltion and no success. Is there any other option? I would like to continue using Dropbox.

Thanks!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @hlussiatti, welcome to our Community! 

Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned throughout this thread, including the offline installer? If so, do you still get the same message?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hlussiatti
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Megan. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Yes, I've tried every solution proposed in the the forum. I've tried using Beta Build: 150.3.4929, the newest version and several old versions. I also have tried on line and off line installer, deleting all files in the registre and still having same error.

Need more support?