cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropBox support is a disaster !

Is there a way to downgrade the version of Dropbox on the computer to an older one? new update.

tym07
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is there a way to downgrade the version of Dropbox on the computer. I'm on a Mac (OS v. 12.6) and I just updated to the newest version today (10/25/22), and the dropbox folder has disappeared from my desktop and is only available on cloud storage. You have to go to the finder sidebar to get to your files (an extra step). Would like to find a way to return to the previous version. Any suggestions?

23 Replies 23

Michel G.7
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Yes : I answer the e-mail directly…

The problem is that some matters are IMPOSSIBLE to solve with e-mail, but only sharing screen and talking on the phone !

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Michel G.7, thanks for clarifying, and sorry to hear about that. 

I see where you're coming from, and it would indeed be helpful. However, in many cases -and especially when the case has been escalated to our Specialized agents- the only communication possible is via email. 

It'd help them with the response time, and in order to be able to look into each case closely. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ben S.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I use Spotlight extensively, and this new Dropbox has borked it entirely. Can't find any of the files, and on the occasion it does, you can't preview or open them from Spotlight. I'm on the latest Ventura build, doesn't help at all. I've been on Dropbox since it was in Beta, and this is absolutely awful. 

Michel G.7
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Yes !
Same for me.
And the bad faith of support is obvious.
Dropbox will eventually improve : let’s hope 🙏.
Need more support?