cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS move - not showing up everywhere

MacOS move - not showing up everywhere

Herring & H.
New member | Level 2

I've been getting emails from Dropbox prompting me about the mac OS move requirement. (strongly encouraged)

My main Mac for Dropboxing is running 13.2 beta and I've yet to see an in-app notification prompting the move. No idea if it has anything to do with beta mac OS but just nothing to do yet. Also, from a few posts I've seen here on the Community, sounds like there are a host of issues with Ventura anyways so maybe best that it hasn't come up yet. 

But on a second Mac my Dropbox is connected to, I'm getting the in-app notification frequently but since only a couple folders sync to that Mac I've held off on doing its move. It is running Monterey 12.6.2 Any reason I shouldn't just go ahead and run it on this one to just get it out of the way? And it won't have any issue with the other Macs not being updated?

Also, anyone have a line on when this move may need to be REQUIRED? As in won't work after a certain day or version of Mac OS?

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Herring & H., thanks for posting on our Community and flagging this with us.

I can't provide an exact time-frame for this requirement, but if you choose to update to the new desktop app for Mac OS, make sure to familiarize yourself with these changes.

I hope this helps a tad!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?