cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Dropbox folder to an SD card

Bob E.
Helpful | Level 5

I have a MS Surface Pro 7 with 128gb of storage. I am constantly battling with lack of storage on this computer. Fortunately, there is a micro SD slot that can handle 512GB or more. In my installation, I dedicate the entire C drive to Windows and store all data on the SD card. 

This works well except for programs like Dropbox that require their data to be stored in the Windows User folder. My Dropbox folder is more than 7GB in size. The fact that I cannot move this file to the SD card is very frustrating. I have searched this forum and elsewhere on the Internet for a solution without success.

This issue has been around for ten years or more. Previously posted solutions do not work in 2023. Does anyone have a workable solution to this problem?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Bob E. wrote:

Dropbox does not support removable storage. You can't move your Dropbox folder to an SD card.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?