cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No acces to mail account used for dropbox

No acces to mail account used for dropbox

CarlSt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an older dropbox account where I earned a large workspace. The email connected to this account is no longer valid and i do not know my password anymore. So i cannot use the reset password option to get access. Does anyone know whether and how i can acces my dropbox?

Kind regards Carl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@CarlSt wrote:

The email connected to this account is no longer valid and i do not know my password anymore. So i cannot use the reset password option to get access.

Unfortunately, if your forgotten your password and you no longer have access to the email registered with Dropbox, there's no way to access the account.

Your best option is to contact your mail provider and see if they can restore your email account so you can reset your password.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@CarlSt wrote:

The email connected to this account is no longer valid and i do not know my password anymore. So i cannot use the reset password option to get access.

Unfortunately, if your forgotten your password and you no longer have access to the email registered with Dropbox, there's no way to access the account.

Your best option is to contact your mail provider and see if they can restore your email account so you can reset your password.

CarlSt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your reponse. I was afraid of that. There's no way to revive the account. My loss

CarlSt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

So I have found my old password. Now I see a welcome back message with the information the a 6 nr code was send to my old mail and all devices. Unfortunately I do not have those devices anymore. So one step closer but still not there

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@CarlSt wrote:

Now I see a welcome back message with the information the a 6 nr code was send to my old mail and all devices.

You're in the same situation. Without access to the email address, there's no way to receive the code or reset the password, and Dropbox have stated that they will not provide access to an account if the person does not have access to the email address.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    CarlSt Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?