cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible conflict with Dropbox and Trend Micro (Dropbox freezing)

Possible conflict with Dropbox and Trend Micro (Dropbox freezing)

koltipelto
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have dropbox business, I will not say every computer, but half of the company's computers are crashing.

At first I thought it could be a driver, a virus, or even a windows 10 error. I got to format 2 of them, and still they keep crashing, they get frozen screen, I can not do anything, I have to force the physical button.

When I disable the dropbox, the computers work perfectly. All of them are running with the latest version 30.4.22.

46 Replies 46

binary
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
CC Cleaner.
But I understand it is more to do with Trend Micro.

Rob21
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

OK - will try on an affected machine.

Strange that one of the laptops is brand new and has only just had both Dropbox and Trend Micro WFBS installed. The registry should be clean.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
 Thanks to all for your prompt updates on the matter here, it was really helpful as it seems that there’s a software conflict that’s been affecting your devices’ performance. 

I’ve made a note of all your comments & troubleshooting steps & I’v also made sure to Accept binary's latest reply as a Solution, since he’s mentioned that the set of steps he’s posted above has worked for him this time. 

Additionally, as we’re working on that together on our email correspondence Rob21, please check your inbox for my latest message at your convenience & let me know here if you have any issues locating it. 

Once again, I appreciate your valuable input here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I just wanted to post here to acknowledge that we are looking into a possible conflict with Trend Micro. I'll reach out to a few of you via email with extra debugging steps. 

Many thanks for spotting the issue!

DLZPDave
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
We are experiencing the same issue on all our computers with dp and trend micro. I would like to be kept up to date on a permanent solution. Currently we have disabled dp from startup and have the users start it manually.

Lucio
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The issue has been resolved by Trend Micro and we have confirmed that the Trend Micro fix worked and no longer have a freeze on start when Dropbox is set to run at startup as well. For reference, the Virus Pattern that contains the fix is 14.287.00.

Thanks to all of the users that reported this!

Positive vibe!

DLZPDave
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank You..much appreciated. 

mikemor22
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for us.  We have the issue on some machines (although not all) and for the affected PCs (my desktop included), the new patterns haven't solved it.

For information, I'm running pattern 14.295.00 ( updated 05/06/18 ) and Dropbox client v.51.3.65.  I set my client to autostart and it caused the PC to hang again, so I've now had to set it back to manual.

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mikemor22 - strange it's working on some PCs but not all. Assuming they're all under the same settings, we might need our tech team to investigate this further for you. Can you log a ticket on https://dropbox.com/support with the existing info so they can help investigate further?

You may also wanna do the same with Trend Micro as the issue was on their end. If you find any additional info that would be helpful to the community, feel free to post here!

Thanks

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Umaster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is also still happening for me.

I'm using virus pattern 14.309 with dropbox 51.4.66

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Umaster New member | Level 2
    Socalvidz Helpful | Level 5
    iml New member | Level 2
    binary Helpful | Level 6