cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Scan document' image on app has changed. Is there a setting to change it back?

'Scan document' image on app has changed. Is there a setting to change it back?

Kiwiman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Kia ora, when using the 'scan document' facility on the app it was saving a pdf image that looked like a genuine scan. Now the image looks like a photo. To my knowledge no settings have been changed.

Does anyone have any ideas or guidance on how to get the scanned image back to the way it was?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kiwiman wrote:

... when using the 'scan document' facility on the app it was saving a pdf image that looked like a genuine scan. Now the image looks like a photo. To my knowledge no settings have been changed.

That has always been an option when "scanning" a file into Dropbox. You can choose between Black & White, Whiteboard or Original. After you take the photo, tap the icon with the three sliders on it to edit the photo. Then tap the three circles and you'll be able to set the filter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kiwiman wrote:

... when using the 'scan document' facility on the app it was saving a pdf image that looked like a genuine scan. Now the image looks like a photo. To my knowledge no settings have been changed.

That has always been an option when "scanning" a file into Dropbox. You can choose between Black & White, Whiteboard or Original. After you take the photo, tap the icon with the three sliders on it to edit the photo. Then tap the three circles and you'll be able to set the filter.

Kiwiman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your response Rich. I'm guessing I must have changed the setting after all and the event was lost in mists of my head!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kiwiman New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?