cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Solved] Dropbox files don't show on Chrome

[Solved] Dropbox files don't show on Chrome

Nick B.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

screenshot: http://imageshack.com/a/img673/257/kRrlLZ.png

Dear anyone,

I've been working with Dropbox for a while now and did this always using Chrome as browser. Untill today I've never had any issues with dropbox, but today I went to Dropbox in the browser (using Chrome) and everything, every file is gone. Not only the files, but everything doesn't show. No history, no links, no files, no nothing.. (see screenshot)

When I open dropbox in Safari everything is how it is supposed to be. The thing is, I don't use Safari on a regular base so I really would like to use Chrome again.

Hope someone know's the answer to my question!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

28 Replies 28

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

Hello...

I'm not experiencing any problems whether I use Dropbox's website interface or their desktop client so it's not happening to everyone.

I can access the website interface using:

More often than not, the problem that you're having is related to your computer and/or browser (eg: ad blocking add-ons or extensions). Proof of that fact is to login to Dropbox's website interface using a different browser as some of you have already done (eg: Mozilla Firefox).

Please read this forum thread to see that using a different browser solved the same issue for another forum member (more information available as well).

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:    

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

Hello...

To elaborate on what Ed mention above...

Do you have any browser extensions in use that are blocking portions of the Dropbox website?

EXAMPLES:

• AdBlock

• AdBlock Plus

• NoScript Security Suite

• ScriptSafe

Try a new browser window with all of the extensions disabled.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

Hello...

Just to be certain, look at your:

chrome://extensions

If you don't have any ad blocking extensions that are enabled then perhaps you should try clearing all of Chrome's browsing history.

chrome://history

BE SURE TO:

1. Select the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
  2. Check all 8 boxes.
  3. Click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
  4. After it's finished, close Chrome for 10 seconds.
  5. Open Chrome and login to Dropbox's website.

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

Michael B.62
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the support. Tried using Safari which worked fine. Tried using incognito mode on Chrome and it worked. I tried stopping Adblock from running on Chrome but that made no difference for me. Clearing all browsing history 'from the beginning of time' in Chrome seems to have fixed it. It's loading properly in Chrome again now. Thanks.

Nick B.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same as Michael, enabling adblocker didn't changed a thing but deleting my browser history did. Allthough I didn't prever deleting it, but it worked again, thanks!

310EI
Super User
Go to solution
Thanks for the support. Tried using Safari which worked fine.
I tried stopping Adblock from running on Chrome but that made no difference for me.
Clearing all browsing history 'from the beginning of time' in Chrome seems to have fixed it. It's loading properly in Chrome again now.
Thanks.

Hello, Michael..

You're welcome.

Some of the ad blockers are not as easy to disable vs removing altogether. You could whitelist the Dropbox website in your ad blocker.

I clear my history every day or use incognito mode (less files for your antivirus software to scan each day).

Glad that clearing the browsing history worked for you.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

Glad it worked, Nick.

Erich M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Having the same issue on Chrome in my Mac. Only Chrome gives me this problem and have no Ad blocking extensions installed.
Also a bit confused on the answers, did people erased their whole browsing history on chrome or just the dropbox related?

Thank you for your help.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution
Also a bit confused on the answers, did people erased their whole browsing history on chrome or just the dropbox related?
Thank you for your help. -Erich M.

Hello, Erich...

Yes, clear all of Chrome's browsing history... view my answer with instructions.

I clear my browsing history every day or I use incognito mode (doesn't save history). Clearing your browser's history means less files for your antivirus software to scan each day and it increases your browser's performance (unclogs the arteries so-to-speak).

Let me know if it solves your Chrome issue.

Petr K.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

.. what if I do not want to erase my history?

Need more support?