cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Syncing is interrupted. But why?

Syncing is interrupted. But why?

jdr2
New member | Level 2

Receive "Syncing Is Interrupted" error message.  Took the following actions to resolve:

1. Disabled firewall

2. Disabled antivirus

3. Made the Windows user an admin

4. Disabled OneDrive

5. Ran Check Disk on Windows

Can't think of any other solutions.  Please help. 

80 Replies 80

amalajaya
Explorer | Level 4

Hi y’all! I had the same "syncing is interrupted" and “file in use” issue after rebuilding my iMac. The solution (for me) was to give Dropbox full disc access in System Settings. Hope that helps!

andyincolorado
Helpful | Level 5
I just tried that on mine and it didn’t help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thank you all for the updates!

For anyone who's still facing this issue, please let us know here and we'll reach out via email to investigate further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

andyincolorado
Helpful | Level 5
Yes. Still facing the issue.

andyincolorado
Helpful | Level 5

Just spent an hour with "Cassandra" by chat;  resolved nothing.  Still totally incapacitated by this bug.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update on this @andyincolorado - could you share your ticket ID as well so that we can look it up in our system? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

offfffsite
New member | Level 2

same here - no help from dropbox -- what is amazing is that there is no way to even see the error on their end or what is causing it. 
I get an alert about files that havent been touched in over a year as being unable to sync. we have a large international team and dropbox's suggestion is to contact all members and ask them to reduce files to sub300k / reinstall the app / etc etc. Nothing to find the root of the problem and resolve it. Super frustrating. 

offfffsite
New member | Level 2

The issue resolves temporarily.. and then comes back, for multiple accounts on a team and flagging completely different "problem" files. The support team had zero to say about this and can't even manage to find a log on their end. Spent an hour plus taking screenshots .. zero insight from the dropbox team. Puts our business at serious risk.. not good. 

offfffsite
New member | Level 2

With apple cloud storage and adobe cloud storage nipping at the heels of dropbox.. it's not a good moment to be dropping the ball like this. 

spooncert
New member | Level 2

Having this issue too. After quitting/uninstalling/reinstalling/restarting and leaving the Mac OS Dropbox Beta, the problem persists… I logged out of the app and back in, and it finally told me that having more than 500K files could cause issues, so I pared it down with Selective Sync—waiting now to see what effect that has. Been days of no syncing and my trust in the service is pretty badly damaged.

Need more support?