cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing is interrupted. But why?

Syncing is interrupted. But why?

jdr2
New member | Level 2

Receive "Syncing Is Interrupted" error message.  Took the following actions to resolve:

1. Disabled firewall

2. Disabled antivirus

3. Made the Windows user an admin

4. Disabled OneDrive

5. Ran Check Disk on Windows

Can't think of any other solutions.  Please help. 

81 Replies 81

owaiskhan
Explorer | Level 4

Here are my suggestions for you. I had the same issue and I resolved it personally because the dropbox team was unable to give any solution. They were just asking to do many things related to firewall, hidden running apps etc. 

Logout dropbox from PC, remove dropbox from and reinstall.

Logout dropbox from computer/laptop also from which are syncing.

Relogin in all devices and issue will be resolved automatically.

Thank You. 

ElChoko
Explorer | Level 4

That didn't work for me yesterday...

I have solved it syncing every big folder one by one, instead of all at the same time. A process which took me about 4 hours but in the end it worked.
With some of the folders, the Syncing being interrupted happened, and I solved it pausing the syncing, and then activating it again a few times (3 or 4). Not a very good solution, but effective in the end.

DanijelD
Helpful | Level 6

Our organization also seems to have this issue now. We have everything setup up for online only and marked the team folders that automatically need to sync. This always worked prefect, until now.

Today i've setup a new mac and now I also got sync interrupted. Never seen this error before? So, it seems Dropbox has made some changes with big folders syncs. But this is a big issue for teams like ours.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @DanijelD - sorry to hear about this.

Did you try any of the mentioned troubleshooting steps or maybe got in contact with our support team for assistance?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jesus-angeles-from-singapore
Helpful | Level 6

Im tired of all these.  If the customer service officers just ask us to do things here and there, and be quiet with this suggestion of reinstalling etc., instead of escalating to their i.t. team, i would consider leaving already.  Ill come back after a month on this thread and see where this went; at this rate, this will give pain for the customers, and no fix will be offered in the dropbox app.

DanijelD
Helpful | Level 6

@Walter Not sure what they can do, as it seems Dropbox changed something in the sync behavior for big folders / Team Folders? People are getting all of the sudden a new error message, which we haven't seen before? @ElChoko your sollution also worked for our team folder; but this is not a feasible option for large teams with big team folders.

So it would be great if Dropbox staff could explain what changed in the last week?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see where you're coming from and I understand this is far from optimal, but you can also reach out to our support team directly for further assistance on this, since the issue seems to be resolved from some users @jesus-angeles-from-singapore

As for you @DanijelD, did you try the 'view sync issues' from the app to see if there's anything listed there? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

glassfull
Collaborator | Level 8

Also having this issue.

Signed out, uninstalled, reinstalled, still the same issue.  Another Fup by DB... 

andyincolorado
Helpful | Level 5

Walter, I am getting the same on a new MacBookPro install.  I have a 4Tb DB account and set almosrt every folder to online-only and a handful of folders to offline.  When I go to sync problems it shows a bunch of files and claims some of them were in use... THEY WERE NOT.  No actions or reccomediations for fixing the issue.  I NEED to get this synced.

andyincolorado
Helpful | Level 5

online-only sycing, 3.2 Tb.  offline about 400Gb

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Timmo24 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    theeconomist1 Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?