cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login on Philips Android TV after reset to defaults

Unable to login on Philips Android TV after reset to defaults

nikimihaylov
New member | Level 2

Hello everybody!

I have Philips 55PUS7503 with Android TV 8.0. There is an option in Sources where I can watch content from my Dropbox account. So I created an account and logged in successfully. Everything worked fine for several years. But I reset my TV to its factory settings and now I am not able to login to Dropbox. After I enter my credentials I see a page "Philips Content Explorer would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox" with options Cancel and Allow. Whatever option I choose, nothing happens and I am redirected to the initial screen where I must login again. Disabling/enabling or crearing data and cache of the dropbox app does not help at all.

So I'd like to ask if Dropbox is still supported on my Philips TV or something else is wrong.

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @nikimihaylov, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if this integration shows under your account's connected apps tab or your devices in the Security tab?

Also, could you maybe send us a screenshot of the exact error you're getting so that we can have a visual too?

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

nikimihaylov
New member | Level 2

Hey @Walter,

Thank you for your answer!

Yes, this integration shows under my account's connected apps tab:

PCE.jpg

I also made a short video with the problem. After I click Allow the process starts from the beginning asking for credentials:

dropbox - YouTube

I am afraid there is no error message so it would be difficult to investigate.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Did you make sure that your device's OS is updated and/or tried disconnecting the integration and re-connecting it anew @nikimihaylov

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

nikimihaylov
New member | Level 2

Yes, the OS is updated and I disconnected the integration a couple of times. I also reset my TV again with no luck.

Anyway, before the reset everything worked fine so if there is no obvious reason from your side, I will keep trying other tricks to find a solution because, in my opinion, the problem is in my TV. If I find such a solution I will write it here.

Thank you for your help again!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Здрасти Ники,

При всички положения проблема е в приложението, което добавя интеграцията за Dropbox към телевизора ви. Това приложение е част от конфигурацията на телевизора (т.е. то си е част от състемната дистрибуция) и отговорни за него са от Philips. Най-вероятно има някаква грешка в него, по начало, която сега се е проявила. Възможно е тази грешка вече да е била открита и коригирана - затова проверете още веднъж за наличие на системни обновления за вашия телевизор. В противен случай, сигнализирайте към поддръжката на Philips за открития проблем - това е тяхно приложение и те трябва да си го оправят, не някой друг (в това число и Dropbox).

Преди няколко години системата за свързване на приложения на Dropbox от трети страни беше леко променена и това може да е провокирало проблема. Приложенията свързани преди това не се очаква да имат проблем, но ново свъзване може да е провокация за способностите за писане на код 😀 (изкарва кирливи ризи на програмиста). Вашето описание добре съвпада с очаквани прояви от тези промени. Приложението просто трябва да се актуализира.

Надявам се, че това дава насоки.

nikimihaylov
New member | Level 2

Здрасти, Здравко!

Благодаря! Приложението не мога да го преинсталирам, има само Принудително спиране, чистене на данните и т.н. Но ще им пиша на Филипс, защото наистина от 2018г, когато го купих и се логнах без проблеми, мина доста време и не бях пипал нищо докато не реших сега да ресетна телевизора, заради друг малък дразнещ проблем.

Сега ги засилвам и дано и те са така отзивчиви 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nikimihaylov New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?