cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Backups from regular mobile phone app rather then browser.

Viewing Backups from regular mobile phone app rather then browser.

mbriney
Helpful | Level 6

In regards to having to open up a browser on my mobile phone to be able to view any files that are in the "Backups" section of dropbox..

This has made things very troublesome by not allowing everything to be read via the normal dropbox mobile app. I understand the principle of having the major "backups" be in a different segment of dropbox.. but it shouldnt be that hard to access all the files. Maybe inside the regular current Dropbox app, feature a button that allows you to actually open the files that are in this "backups" section? OR maybe create another "Dropbox Backups" app that will allow us to remotely view these backup files without having to go thru the hassle of opening up a browser on the phone and try and track things down?

If I search for a file from within the dropbox app, that is located in the "backups" portion... it will show up, but wont allow you to view it. Just throws an error, with no mention of having to actually access it via a browser even. It wont even allow you to go into the file info to be able to see exactly where its located or if it IS located in the "backups" portion. Its just tedious and a pain. There has to be an easier way.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome back to the Community, @mbriney, and thanks for your feedback! 

I’ve passed it along to our team on your behalf, and they’ll take it into account.

If you need something else though, don’t hesitate to nudge me.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?