cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

DDLaw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox app on my ipad updated today. I am now no longer able to save anything to it, or open any documents from it. I get a message saying that there is a connection issue, but I am connected to the internet. Dropbox still works on my desktop computer, but I cannot get the app to work on the iPad.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello again guys - I appreciate your patience and cooperation. 

I'm writing to let you know that we're still looking into this. 

I've reached out through your existing tickets (or opened one on your behalf - for most of you here on this thread) so we can have a better view of the matter at hand with all of our tools available. 

Thanks for your reports so far and enjoy the rest of your day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

DeeDeeB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem, and it has only happened since I updated Microsoft Office within the last couple of days. The only way to access and edit Dropbox documents, in Office, at the moment, on my iPad Pro I have found is as follows - In, say, Word, open Word like usual, click on “... More”, then under locations click on Dropbox, then open up the document you want, if it is on auto save, there will be no issues and it’ll just save from time to time. If you want a new Word document,  click on a new document in Word, then under save click on “...more”, then on Dropbox and do it that way. This is very clunky, but the only way I have found at the moment. 

Woarstman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

not statI have the same problem. Can’t open a ticket as my devce is when selected not staying and all I want is Dropbox to work with MS excel and word , kike them or loathe them 

DDLaw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you so much! You are a life saver. Hopefully they will address the issue soon.

Woarstman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried that, but I get the error message , link not posssible, the item may have moved 🤔

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,  Walter, Dunno whether you'll find this in the sea of comments & responses, but I was able to generate a ticket number using my Surface Pro. That number is #8903099. Thanks for your efforts!

RockBHPman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I guess being 56 yers old I can’t figure out how to log an error ticket. But I use Dropbox to store all my files for my sports training business and i have for years, Then ope it to WORD and edit and save all my changes, This is upsetting. I can open on my Mac computer but not on my IPad and IPhone. Please keep me in the loop if and when it is fixed

tonino1962
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Me ocurre lo mismo, desde hoy Office no me reconoce dropbox en mi samsung s9+ y mi tablet asus. 
¿de quien es el error?

Jools23
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HI,

Mine is doing the same today too, worked perfectly fine last night but today is the same as yourself, with the same error!

Hope we can find a solution soon...

Need more support?