cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

Dik
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It’s not an iPad problem. I have the same issue on both my iPad Pro and my android phone.

Hittheroadjk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On my original post I said it was happening on ALL my devices.

Lostprincess5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

I just tried to open a file on Dropbox in Excel and it said it couldn’t (cant remember the error now) so I uninstalled everything. Ive now reinstalled and getting same issue, except now it wont let me add Dropbox stating ‘No internet connection’.

When I try and open a Dropbox file in the linked app (word etc) I get this message:

‘Please check you Internet connection and network settings and try again’. There is no issue with the internet.

When I try and add a service in Dropbox I get the exact same issue (error message).

Ive used this for 2 years plus with no issues on my iPad Pro. I have just undated the IOS.

david k.129
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
PUT THIS ON YOUR USELESS STATUS PAGE!!!!! Wasted two hours tracking this down. Every time there’s a problem it’s the same lack of communication.

Mark45
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've got it too Office 365 - but on android app

Farrier
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I was added to a group DropBox with premission from the admin to update Excel files. These files are to be shared by the group, some are view only. When I make my changes in Excel on my machine they are not showing up on anyone elses files. I do not even see them from the app on my phone. I have tried to "save" as well as to "save as". neither are working.

Sidjai
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I'm using drop box for my personal files. This morning, I opened my file "Perso Todo.docx" from my mobile phone, without pb. But when I tried to updated it , I got the message "Office does not find perso todo.docx. This file was probably moved, renamed, or deleted". I have the same kind of message for all other files in my folder. I can update them from my PC, see them from my mobile, but can't update them anymore from my mobile. I did not do anything special during the night ;-). Thanks in advance and regards. [ ]

hydraphile
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Walter, I am having the same problem, exactly as originally reported, on both my iPad (first gen, no longer gets iOS updates) and iPhone 6 (iOS up to date earlier this week). I could not submit a ticket because the drop down wouldn't let me select a device. 

MickeNy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I encountered this problem in Excel some 9 hours ago also.

I unlinked Dropbox from excel, word and powerpoint, reinstalled dropbox and powerpoint.

Now trying to link them again I get an error about network connection availability and cannot link back.

The network is there (here actually as this message is evidence on).

My dropbox files are there. I can see them on my iPad app. I can edit them on my laptop. I can even edit them using excel on the net (I believe I did this from within dropbox with "open with" functionality).

But we all need the MS apps to start working again.

Funny though, I have not updated the MS apps so the change must be driven by a cloud-based feature that I cannot figure out.

D-P_cay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue. Working off IOS 12.1.4 on iPad Pro. Dropbox not responding?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    archmix Explorer | Level 3
    david k.129 Helpful | Level 5
    sellenwright Helpful | Level 6
    RemyLeroy Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?