cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cannot click dropbox icon on taskbar

cannot click dropbox icon on taskbar

Cyber2022
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Since updating to latest Window 11 (version:  22H2, OS build: 25227.1000), Dropbox icon at Taskbar cannot click.

I tried unstall & re-install the desktop app but it still cannot click.

Show as below screenshot.

Cyber2022_0-1666283644987.png

63 Replies 63

Marty74
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

same issue. can't click on the dropbox icon in the taskbar

Windows 11 insider preview last beta. 22H2 22623.875. 100 Dpi, no second screen attached. is this issue related to the insider beta, or it's happen too on Windows 11 ?

dropxbox work when using explorer from windows fortunatly.

it doesn't  work in other menus, not present at all, like in my file manager software Directory Opus.

Tiffanycrea
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I did reinstall and install everyday following all kinds of proposed solutions by support team, no improvement of the issue, I gave up with this app, too much disappointment for the bill price.

William Carr
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have not been able to get the system tray  dropbox icon to work for several days.  For some unknown reason it started to work again on my laptop. It is version 161.3.4890 Beta version.  So I found the download by searching dropbox version 161.3.4890, uninstalled dropbox on my desktop and then installed this beta version and it worked.  Don't know how long it will last, think the real problem is with the windows 11 updates.  Give it a try.

William Carr
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

William Carr again.  I did have something happen right before the system tray icon started to work again.  Got an update on Power Toys to v0.64.1.  Do not know if this had anything to do with it or not.

Tiffanycrea
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Update : somehow the desktop version of Dropbox started to rework normally without any system setting changes. I just reinstalled it this morning after checking the updates on this post. And the icon really returned to normal. I can access my account and settings especially choose what file I need for local use. This is so important. Thanks for fixing it.
Hope this "bug" is fixed permanently for everyone too.

Marty74
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

got mine fixed too after a bunch of win 11 insider updates this night. so certainly related to this , at least on my side.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, can you please let us know if this persists with our latest stable build of the desktop app found on this page?

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rockl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

All good here running Insider Beta Channel release.

Max B.
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reporting this! We've looked into the issue and we believe this was a regression/bug in recent Windows Insider builds. We've reported the issue to Microsoft. It seems like they might be aware of it already, as some of you are seeing improvement through updates. Regardless, we're working on a fix to bypass the issue. 

danchitnis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have Windows 11 Beta channel, and my Dropbox icon in the tray has frozen, not responding to either left-click or right-click. I restarted Windows and reinstalled Dropbox, but it had no impact. The app itself is working and syncing, but the pop-up menu cannot be invoked, which makes it very difficult to work with. I don't think a Windows update has been pushed recently, and this has happened in the past 24h or so. Other icons, including Dropbox Capture, seem to be working as usual. 

Need more support?