cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone app not opening any file type

iPhone app not opening any file type

andystuart_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The Dropbox app on my iPhone X iOS 12.1.2 wont open any file type. All files sync fine from desktop and show up on the mobile app with a thumbnail image preview, but when tapped to open the loading graphic just keeps spinning. Could have coincided with iOS update.
34 Replies 34

andystuart_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The issue is back! Have tried logging out and reinstalling the app but still the same.

laleli005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I’m have same problem on my iPhone! When I use dropbox app and try to open ANY DOCUMENT OR PDF file the app continuously try’s loading the file and is NEVER able to open it. Need help please 😞

Kelston2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have the Dropbox app on my iPhone 10, and most of the time I cannot open Dropbox files (of all types) through the app - I just get the spinning wheel forever.

I have been able to open some files here and there - and there is no pattern if I am on WiFi or offline. 90% of the time, the files don’t open either way ... but I do have one here and there that will open.

Both my IOS and the Dropbox app are up to date (no updates available). I have deleted and re-installed the Dropbox app twice.

Can anyone provide a solution to this?

gianmarizzi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It didn't fix it.

@Ovi A.1  ha scritto:
Iandtalbot,

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am also having this issue. PDF and Excel files won’t open within the app and won’t open on other platforms like Excel for iPad or a PDF reader. Basically, I can’t access my files. Please help.

gianmarizzi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I had support from Dropbox and told me to reset the network settings. It worked!

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

After that you'll need to re-enter the wifi password.

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I appreciate that. Resting network settings didn’t seem to work. File preview still stuck on trying to render and exporting gets stuck also. Thanks though.

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Same problem here

Ssommet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
My file loading issue was resolved by updating iPhone and iPad to iOS 12.1.3. Didn’t know there was a new iOS update. Hope that works for others.

Kelston2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks all for this thread! I had been checking for an update and none were available ... but I just looked again today and I see 12.1.3 is there. I will give this a shot. Hopefully it resolves the issue on my end as well.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Es3 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?