cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Automatic camera uploads saving my hidden photos, if so, where?

Automatic camera uploads saving my hidden photos, if so, where?

PVRnyc
New member | Level 2

I use Dropbox to automatically backup my camera roll.
I can see all the photos, videos, and screenshots in Recents.
But how about the hidden ones?
I think they used to upload but now I don’t know where/how to find them on Dropbox.
If they’re not backed up, how do I?
Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@PVRnyc wrote:
I think they used to upload but now I don’t know where/how to find them on Dropbox.

All photos and videos that are uploaded using Camera Uploads are uploaded to the Camera Uploads folder. By default, Dropbox uploads items from your Camera Roll. You can select other albums to upload in Camera Uploads settings on the Account tab, though Hidden items is not one of the options.

PVRnyc
New member | Level 2

Thank you Rich!

I do need some more clarification.

If Dropbox uploads all the items from my camera roll, will it have uploaded anything I have not yet marked to hide on my iphone?

I do not see them, unless there's an automatically hidden feature/folder that I'm completely missing.

My goal is to back up my camera roll on Dropbox, including the stuff I hide.

I do not mind re-organizing them in Dropbox folders after.

Do you suggest uploading the hidden items specifically in another way?

Could it be to unhide everything, although it seems a more tedious approach?

Would those newly unhidden items upload to their chronological location in uploads, or stay at the most recent so I can easily collect them into a folder?

I checked the possibility of selecting all the hidden items (over 500) and doing a dropbox upload from my phone but it doesn't appear as an option. I understand that may have to do with my phone/dropbox app settings, a separate issue.

Please advise.

Need more support?