cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic file transfer

Automatic file transfer

David130
New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox-Community,

my name is David. I'm new here and I hope that I can learn from you 🙂

Due to a family celebration, I wanted to set up a photo transfer, so that all family members can share pics with each other.

So I made a subscription for the 'professional' version of Dropbox. Then I have set up two folders:

1. A request folder to upload pics

2. A shared folder to download pics

Is there is a possibility to set up an automatic rule, so when someone upload a photo, it will automatically get transferred to the shared folder.

At the moment I always have to copy new uploads into the shared folder manually. 

Hope you guys can help me.

BR,  David  

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @David130 

There isnt an automated way with Dropbox, no, but maybe look at IFTTT or similar to see if you can find a script that would do it?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @David130,

Hm.. 🤔 Why you need 2 folder at all? You can set file request and shared link to a single (the same) folder. 😉 Isn't easier?

Hope this helps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?