cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 159.3.5805 isn't syncing my files

Beta Build 159.3.5805 isn't syncing my files

Corentin C.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This build doesn’t seem to want to download anything from my account. It tells me everything is up to date, but it hasn’t synced anything in my account from the last 24 hours.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Corentin C.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah The app wasn't syncing files added to a remote computer. I could see the files on the Dropbox website too, but the local Mac wasn't showing any of them and the app was telling me everything was up to date. There was no sign that the app was not doing its job in the Finder. 

I had not tested the other way around (add files locally and see whether they go through to the other devices).

I managed to work around the issue by installing Build 159.3.5829. The new build immediately got to business and downloaded all the missing files.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Corentin C.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I forgot to mention (and couldn’t edit): Using the build on an Intel Mac running Monterey.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Corentin C., thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Is your Dropbox application not syncing files you add to that computer? Or files added from other connected computers or from our website?

If you right click on a file in your Dropbox folder, do you still see the Dropbox context menu items, like 'copy link', 'send a copy' etc.?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Corentin C.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah The app wasn't syncing files added to a remote computer. I could see the files on the Dropbox website too, but the local Mac wasn't showing any of them and the app was telling me everything was up to date. There was no sign that the app was not doing its job in the Finder. 

I had not tested the other way around (add files locally and see whether they go through to the other devices).

I managed to work around the issue by installing Build 159.3.5829. The new build immediately got to business and downloaded all the missing files.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Amazing news @Corentin C.

If you need anything else, just give us a shout. Cheers!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Corentin C. Helpful | Level 6
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?