cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Upload Error / Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Camera Upload Error on Mac OS High Sierra/ Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since April 10, I've been spending a LOT of time trying to upload photos and videos from my iPhone 7 [iOS 11.3 (15E216)]  to my Mac [macOS High Sierra (Version 10.14.4)]. It used to do that no problem, but no more.

Sometimes I get only an error message, while other times, I get a message that makes me hopeful -- "Finding photos / Thus could take a while..." But it is followed up by another error message.

I've tried everything I can think of, including disabling then enabling imports, installing the newest version, etc. -- but I still get nothing but error messages. The two most common are:

1.  "Camera upload error / Failed to import 210 of 210 photos."

2.  "210 photos or videos from 2018.Phone.7 couldn't be imported. 0 photos and videos were imported."

Please help. Thank you!

54 Replies 54

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Oops! Dupe.

rdayno
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hoping that Dropbox can provide everyone answers publicly, not just via email to those listed above. I'm one of the many, it appears, who is struggling with this issue. I've stepped through all suggestions above, all to no avail.

This "may" be related to some incompatibility between the Dropbox client for MacOS High Sierra. I say this because everything was working just fine for me too on or around 4/10/2018, when some High Sierra updates (10.13.4) were pushed to my machine via the MacOS auto-update. Another update occurred on 4/25/2018 (re: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208742).

Finally, another possible clue for the Dropbox team ... when I open Console, I see a number of messages like these from Dropbox, "nw_path_close_fd Failed to close guarded necp fd 30 [9: Bad file descriptor]". Seems to be something to do with "lib system_network.dylib.

annkek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also have this problem, any solution ? please email me [personal info removed by moderators]

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @rdayno, welcome to our community! 

I understand that a solution posted here would be great, and if I had one, I would be more than happy to put it up. However, by getting each case onto a ticket, and into our support platform, our team is able to examine each case, and identify any similarities between them.

This helps in the troubleshooting process, and in finding a solution more quickly. In your case, you have provided some more specific details, and these are just the kinds of things that can assist our team’s investigation. 

If you’d like, I can get a ticket started for you with the email address associated with your forum profile. Alternatively, you can create your own ticket here

Have a great week :sunglasses:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Welcome to our community, @annkek

I’ve removed your email address from your last post, for privacy reasons :wink:, and I have asked an agent to reach out to you via email. Have a look at that, and get back to them when you can. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have a new input to the present old problem. on my device (iPhone 7 with all current updates) the photos that came from WhatApp chats gets synchronized. self taken camera photos from the Photos library still don't. Same for photos from iMessage. They still produce the mentionned error:  Screenshot 2018-05-09 23.20.51.png

Norah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey mrboss

Let's check a few more things to have a better idea on why you are still experiencing this issue.

Try temporarily disabling your WiFi and verify if the issue persists over your cellular network. Do you have the same issue when you try connecting on a different WiFi? Can you also tell me what is the size of the file(s) that you are trying to upload?

Additionally, try clearing the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

To clear your cache follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the “Personal” tab
  • Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
  • Select “Clear Cache”

In case you don’t see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

Once this is done, ensure you log out of the Dropbox app, then restart your device and log back in again.

Lastly, a screencast of the issue (omitting any personal information) would be very helpful. You can do this by first enabling screen recording on your phone and then repeating the steps that cause the issue. To activate screen recording see here.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey mrboss, thanks for getting back in touch with us, I appreciate your ongoing cooperation & detailed replies! 

I’d suggest continuing this discussion via email & for that reason I’ve made sure to create a Support Request on our system on your behalf, so as to focus on the issue in question based on the info I have on my tools for your account & move forward together. Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from where we’ve left off here. 

When it comes to your inquiry in regards to: 

Hoping that Dropbox can provide everyone answers publicly, not just via email to those listed above

rdayno, you may keep in mind that we’re currently actively working on it (:meaning that we’re gathering all relevant cases internally, we’re troubleshooting & we’re narrowing down the possible causes) & that’s the reason why we’re asking for an email correspondence. If you’re experiencing the same behavior, I’d happily check back with you in more detail via our Official Support channel, so please let me know how you’d like us to proceed in your next reply. 

Thanks again for posting to us on the Forum on this behavior & I’m always here if you'd need further assistance. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Benzman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Experiencing the same problem as the OP.  Reinstalled/updated Dropbox, but same problem.  Error importing 500 of 500 photos.  A fix (or workaround) to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
hej Norah
i went throught all the steps (disable WiFi, clear cache, sign out, restart, sign in)
files sizes are from 5MB to 22MB (panorama picture). movies are in the same dimensions. 

conclusion
I can upload my photos with WiFi, with cellular but NOT with the cable

christian

Need more support?