cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Upload stopped happening since Mac Ventura

Camera Upload stopped happening since Mac Ventura

dal72
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest MacOS Ventura. Since the upgrade, Dropbox has stopped syncing my Canon camera (EOS R) when plugged into my Mac. It used to be that the new images would be copied to my Camera Uploads folder. 

Thanks, Derek

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dal72, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please let us know the exact status and version of the Dropbox desktop app as shown in your menu bar?

Also, have you maybe tried resetting your Camera Uploads settings through the app's preferences?

To do this:

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar
  • Choose "Preferences".
  • Go to the "Backups" tab.
  • Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

This will reset your Camera Upload settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it. 

Let me know if this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

danieliversen
Explorer | Level 4

It's not working for me either. I'm on MacOS 13.3, latest Dropbox app (no beta).

I get the "Can't import photos from this device" - "Dropbox can't import photos from Daniel Iversen's iPhone on this Mac. Try uploading photos to Dropbox with the mobile app."

I've unchecked camera uploads in preferences as you suggested, then I exited the Dropbox app, killed every process incl the Finder integration, unplugged my phone, started Dropbox again (the Finder integration started automatically too then), once it was finished starting and syncing I plugged my phone in, Camera Uploads came up and I said yes import from this device and I got after a minute or so that message above again 😔

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @danieliversen, thanks for bringing your issue to our attention.

What is the current sync status and version of the Dropbox app on your computer?

Please hover over your Dropbox icon to see this info.

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

danieliversen
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Hannah ,

I'm on version 172.3.7425 and it said "Up to date" and then for the first time in a very long time it now says "Importing photos..."! - your message must have brought good luck for a while! 🙂 Any idea what might have changed or why the hiccups for so long? Related, I was just seeing what it might be uploading and noticed that I don't have the "Camera Uploads" folder on my computer right now, I must have "Select Sync"'ed it away from this particular Mac (it's on the other one that had the same issues though). Does that mean, since it looks like it's working now, that it uploads the Photos and Videos straight up to Dropbox instead of putting them on the local Camera Uploads folder to be uploaded?

UPDATE: 30 mins later or so (it said it had 1 hour or so to go for the sync) my Dropbox client crashed on the Mac and didn't self recover. I'll restart and see what happens.

Thanks!

Daniel

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me, Daniel!

Hmm, this is quite tricky, to be honest.

Do you see the newly imported photos in the Camera Uploads folder in your account online?

Or do you perhaps see a new Camera Uploads folder created in your Dropbox folder?

Yes, please let me know what happened after you restarted.

Thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

danieliversen
Explorer | Level 4

There's no new Camera Uploads folder created on my computer (which I guess is good?). From what I can seemingly tell on dropbox.com I don't see any new photos or videos uploaded (latest date stamped one was from 8 hours earlier which was probably the iOS app) - so I don't know what the Dropbox app was doing when it said "importing photos.." and that there was an hour left, and/or whether it was like many months ago when somehow some uploads were silently failing on the iOS app backup/upload and the desktop app was uploading those missing files..

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I see. Strange, indeed.

If you now add the Camera Uploads folder back through the selective sync settings and plug your phone in again, what happens?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?