cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Uploads Not Posted in the correct folder.

Camera Uploads Not Posted in the correct folder.

John B.131
Explorer | Level 3

I uploaded a Pic from my phone to use on Kijiji/Marketplace; Android 11. On my Win7 PC I could not find where it was synced to. I finally found it was not sent to the Camera Uploads Folder but strangely sent to the only Pic Folder I have ever created and specifically named in Dropbox within Camera Uploads.

I manually dragged it into the Camera Uploads Folder where I expected and want it only to be synced to. Then posted from there to my Kijiji Ad.
This Folder I created only holds M/C Pics and is named RSV... by my design/purpose/plan.

How can I set Pics uploaded from my phone to go directly to the Camera Uploads Folder and not the single named Folder within that I specifically created to group only like themed M/C Pics.

I hope this is the Best Board choice for my issue.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @John B.131, I hope you're doing well, happy Friday! 

Is it possible that you manually uploaded the picture to your account, instead of using camera uploads

I'm asking because if that's the case, then the content would be added to the folder of your choice. 

Could you double check that the feature is enabled on your Android device? 

If I were you, I'd probably move the M/C folder outside of my camera uploads, and test if the same thing happens then. 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?